Friday 25 May 2018

Tranquility and peace

This prayer room at #QEhospital is so very special to me. When I was in hospital, my parents would go to the prayer room at least 4 times a day to offer their prayer but also they would cry to Allah for me. I wasn't physically well to ever go and visit the place when I was on the ward even after transplant. My dad spoke to the Imam there who came and spoke to and gave me words of courage and duas to read. My parents were so in love with peace and tranquility of this place amongst all the chaos they were experiencing. They would go and reflect and recite Quran as well and Friday's when it was Jummah day (a very special day in Islam) my dad would go and pray in congregation and ask people to pray for me.

When I go for my appointments, I always make it a point to go and visit this place. It makes me feel so close to my parents and I can picture them crying and making dua for me. Today my dad isn't with me and I'm going through some really tough time with my health. Last week I had a terrible wobble and I just wanted to hear my dad's voice and my mum's too (she's currently in another country). I felt really lost last week and I had no idea who to cry to as I felt hopeless and that I'd never come out of this test. No one can give you that comfort but I was lucky enough to have one of my lovely uncle who listened to my crying and really uplifted me spiritually. I managed to get it out of my system.

The hard times will always reveal the great people in our lives. No one will quite understand how hard it is to scroll down facebook as fast as you can avoiding pictures of food or trying to ignore people conversing about food even when they know your diet is so limited. It baffles me sometimes but I guess people have to live on. I'm grateful I can go to this place and feel some connection with my parents. I wish I could run to my dad and tell him to make dua for me. Gosh I was always harassing him but his duas always made me feel better. Sometimes I'd secretly stand outside his door and listen to him just speaking to Allah swt and when he'd mention his Childrens names I'd feel all the goosebumps and tears rolling down my cheeks. I miss my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment